situation: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (sich"-ā'shun), [key]
- manner of being situated; location or position with reference to environment: The situation of the house allowed for a beautiful view.
- a place or locality.
- condition; case; plight: He is in a desperate situation.
- the state of affairs; combination of circumstances: The present international situation is dangerous.
- a position or post of employment; job.
- a state of affairs of special or critical significance in the course of a play, novel, etc.
- the aggregate of biological, psychological, and sociocultural factors acting on an individual or group to condition behavioral patterns.
- situation (Thesaurus)