sinus: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (sī'nus), [key]
— pl. -nus•es.
- a curve; bend.
- a curving part or recess.
- any of various cavities, recesses, or passages, as a hollow in a bone, or a reservoir or channel for venous blood.
- one of the hollow cavities in the skull connecting with the nasal cavities.
- an expanded area in a canal or tube.
- a narrow passage leading to an abscess or the like.
- a small, rounded depression between two projecting lobes, as of a leaf.
- sinus (Thesaurus)