Meaning of shrill
Pronunciation: (shril), [key]
— adj., v., n., adv. -er, -est,
- high-pitched and piercing in sound quality: a shrill cry.
- producing such a sound.
- full of or characterized by such a sound: shrill music.
- betraying some strong emotion or attitude in an exaggerated amount, as antagonism or defensiveness.
- marked by great intensity; keen: the shrill, incandescent light of the exploding bomb.
- to cry shrilly.
- a shrill sound.
- in a shrill manner; shrilly.
- shrill (Thesaurus)