Meaning of shirt
Pronunciation: (shûrt), [key]
- a long- or short-sleeved garment for the upper part of the body, usually lightweight and having a collar and a front opening.
- an undergarment of cotton, or other material, for the upper part of the body.
- a shirtwaist.
- a nightshirt.
- without a coat: It was so hot that they worked in their shirt sleeves.
- to refrain from becoming angry or impatient; remain calm: Tell him to keep his shirt on until we're ready.
- to lose all that one possesses; suffer a severe financial reverse: He lost his shirt in the stock market.
- shirt (Thesaurus)