Meaning of sharpshooter
Pronunciation: (shärp'sh"tur), [key]
- a person skilled in shooting, esp. with a rifle.
- a rating below expert and above marksman, assigned to one who has qualified with a specific score in rifle marksmanship.
- a person who has achieved such a rating.
- an athlete noted for having accurate aim in a sport, as basketball, hockey, archery, golf, etc.
- a person who engages in short-term business dealings with the purpose of making a large, quick profit without regard to scruple.
- a spade that has a very narrow blade, used as a garden or nursery tool.
- sharpshooter (Thesaurus)