Meaning of sensitization
Pronunciation: (sen"si-tu-zā'shun), [key]
- the state or process of being sensitized.
- the process of becoming susceptible to a given stimulus that previously had no effect or significance.
- a state or condition in which a previously encountered foreign substance triggers an immune reaction.
- an immunologic state or condition that is evidenced by the acquired ability of a cell or individual to detect the presence of a foreign substance upon reexposure to the substance and to react immunologically.
- sensitization (Thesaurus)