Meaning of sensibility
Pronunciation: (sen"su-bil'i-tē), [key]
— pl. -ties.
- capacity for sensation or feeling; responsiveness or susceptibility to sensory stimuli.
- mental susceptibility or responsiveness; quickness and acuteness of apprehension or feeling.
- keen consciousness or appreciation.
- emotional capacities.
- Sometimes,liability to feel hurt or offended; sensitive feelings.
- Often,capacity for intellectual and aesthetic distinctions, feelings, tastes, etc.: a man of refined sensibilities.
- the property, as in plants or instruments, of being readily affected by external influences.
- sensibility (Thesaurus)