Meaning of seek
Pronunciation: (sēk), [key]
— v., sought, seek•ing.
- to go in search or quest of: to seek the truth.
- to try to find or discover by searching or questioning: to seek the solution to a problem.
- to try to obtain: to seek fame.
- to try or attempt (usually fol. by an infinitive): to seek to convince a person.
- to go to: to seek a place to rest.
- to ask for; request: to seek advice.
- to search or explore.
- to make inquiry.
- to be desired or in demand: Graduates in the physical sciences are most sought after by employers these days.
- seek (Thesaurus)