Meaning of scuff
Pronunciation: (skuf), [key]
- to scrape (something) with one's foot or feet.
- to rub or scrape (one's foot or feet) over something.
- to mar by scraping or hard use, as shoes or furniture.
- to brush against, as in passing.
- to brush off; wipe off.
- to walk without raising the feet from the ground; shuffle.
- to scrape or rub one's foot back and forth over something.
- to be or become marred or scratched by scraping or wear.
- (of machine parts, as gear teeth) to creep from pressure and friction so that ridges appear transversely to the direction of wear.
- the act or sound of scuffing.
- a flat-heeled slipper with a full-length sole and an upper part covering only the front of the foot.
- a marred or scratched place on an item, as from scraping or wear.
- scuff (Thesaurus)