Meaning of scrounge
Pronunciation: (skrounj), [key]
— v., n. scrounged, scroung•ing,
- to borrow (a small amount or item) with no intention of repaying or returning it: to scrounge a cigarette.
- to gather together by foraging; seek out: We'll try to scrounge enough food for supper from the neighbors.
- to borrow, esp. a small item one is not expected to return or replace.
- to search or forage for something, esp. in a haphazard or disorganized fashion; hunt for: We scrounged around for something to eat.
- a habitual borrower; sponger.
- an act or instance of scrounging.
- a person who exists by foraging.
- scrounge (Thesaurus)