Meaning of scrip
- a receipt, certificate, list, or similar brief piece of writing.
- a scrap of paper.
- a certificate representing a fraction of a share of stock.
- a certificate to be exchanged for goods, as at a company store.
- a certificate indicating the right of the holder to receive payment later in the form of cash, goods, or land.
- paper currency in denominations of less than one dollar, formerly issued in the United States.
— n. Archaic.
- a bag or wallet carried by wayfarers.
— n. Informal.
- a prescription, as for a drug.
- scrip (Thesaurus)