Meaning of screening
Pronunciation: (skrē'ning), [key]
- the act or work of a person who screens, as in ascertaining the character and competence of applicants, employees, etc.
- the showing of a motion picture:p.m. and 8 p.m. There will be screenings at 6
- screenings of imperfect grain.
- undesirable material that has been separated from usable material by means of a screen or sieve:screenings of imperfect grain.
- extremely fine coal.
- the meshed material used in screens for windows and doors.
- screening (Thesaurus)