Meaning of screed
Pronunciation: (skrēd), [key]
- a long discourse or essay, esp. a diatribe.
- an informal letter, account, or other piece of writing.
- a strip of plaster or wood applied to a surface to be plastered to serve as a guide for making a true surface.
- a wooden strip serving as a guide for making a true level surface on a concrete pavement or the like.
- a board or metal strip dragged across a freshly poured concrete slab to give it its proper level.
- a fragment or shred, as of cloth.
- a tear or rip, esp. in cloth.
- a drinking bout.
- to tear, rip, or shred, as cloth.
- screed (Thesaurus)