Meaning of scorch
Pronunciation: (skôrch), [key]
- to affect the color, taste, etc., of by burning slightly: The collar of the shirt was yellow where the iron had scorched it.
- to parch or shrivel with heat: The sun scorched the grass.
- to criticize severely.
- burn (def. 23).
- to destroy (crops, towns, etc.) by or as if by fire in the path of an invading army's advance.
- to become scorched: Milk scorches easily.
- to travel or drive at high speed: The car scorched along the highway.
- a superficial burn.
- scorch (Thesaurus)