Meaning of scent
Pronunciation: (sent), [key]
- a distinctive odor, esp. when agreeable: the scent of roses.
- an odor left in passing, by means of which an animal or person may be traced.
- a track or trail as or as if indicated by such an odor: The dogs lost the scent and the prisoner escaped.
- the sense of smell: a remarkably keen scent.
- small pieces of paper dropped by the hares in the game of hare and hounds.
- to perceive or recognize by or as if by the sense of smell: to scent trouble.
- to fill with an odor; perfume.
- to hunt by the sense of smell, as a hound.
- scent (Thesaurus)