scavenge: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (skav'inj), [key]
— v., -enged, -eng•ing.
- to take or gather (something usable) from discarded material.
- to cleanse of filth, as a street.
- to expel burnt gases from (the cylinder of an internal-combustion engine).
- to purify (molten metal) by introducing a substance that will combine chemically with impurities.
- to act as a scavenger.
- (of an engine or cylinder) to become scavenged of burnt gases.
- to search, esp. for food.
- scavenge (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.