scattering: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (skat'ur-ing), [key]
- distributed or occurring here and there at irregular intervals; scattered.
- straggling, as an assemblage of parts.
- (of votes) cast in small numbers for various candidates.
- distributing, dispersing, or separating.
- a small, scattered number or quantity.
- the process in which a wave or beam of particles is diffused or deflected by collisions with particles of the medium that it traverses. Cf.
- scattering (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.