scantling: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (skant'ling), [key]
- a timber of relatively slight width and thickness, as a stud or rafter in a house frame.
- such timbers collectively.
- the width and thickness of a timber.
- the dimensions of a building stone.
- a dressed timber or rolled metal member used as a framing member in a vessel.
- the dimension, in cross section, of a framing member.
- a small quantity or amount.
- scantling (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.