scant: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (skant), [key]
— adj., v., adv. -er, -est,
- barely sufficient in amount or quantity; not abundant; almost inadequate: to do scant justice.
- limited; meager; not large: a scant amount.
- barely amounting to as much as indicated: a scant two hours; a scant cupful.
- having an inadequate or limited supply (usually fol. by of&hasp;): scant of breath.
- to make scant; diminish.
- to stint the supply of; withhold.
- to treat slightly or inadequately.
- scarcely; barely; hardly.
- scant (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.