scaffold: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (skaf'uld, -ōld), [key]
- a temporary structure for holding workers and materials during the erection, repair, or decoration of a building.
- an elevated platform on which a criminal is executed, usually by hanging.
- a raised platform or stage for exhibiting spectacles, seating spectators, etc.
- any raised framework.
- a suspended platform that is used by painters, window washers, and others for working on a tall structure, as a skyscraper.
- any piling or fusion of materials in a blast furnace, obstructing the flow of gases and preventing the uniform descent of the charge.
- a system of raised frameworks; scaffolding.
- to furnish with a scaffold or scaffolding.
- to support by or place on a scaffold.
- scaffold (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.