satisfaction: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (sat"is-fak'shun), [key]
- an act of satisfying; fulfillment; gratification.
- the state of being satisfied; contentment.
- the cause or means of being satisfied.
- confident acceptance of something as satisfactory, dependable, true, etc.
- reparation or compensation, as for a wrong or injury.
- the opportunity to redress or right a wrong, as by a duel.
- payment or discharge, as of a debt or obligation.
- an act of doing penance or making reparation for venial sin.
- the penance or reparation made.
- satisfaction (Thesaurus)