saline: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (sā'lēn, -līn), [key]
- of, containing, or resembling common table salt; salty or saltlike: a saline solution.
- of or pertaining to a chemical salt, esp. of sodium, potassium, magnesium, etc., as used as a cathartic.
- of or pertaining to a method of abortion involving injection of hypertonic saline solution into the amniotic cavity during the second trimester.
- a sterile solution of sodium chloride used to dilute medications or for intravenous therapy.
- salty water; a salty solution.
- saline (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.