Russell: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (rus'ul), [key]
- 1872–1970, English philosopher, mathematician, and author: Nobel prize for literature 1950.
- 1860–1941, U.S. journalist, sociologist, biographer, and political leader.
- (“Pastor Russell”), 1852–1916, U.S. religious leader and publisher: founder of Jehovah's Witnesses.
- (Mary Annette Beauchamp) (“Elizabeth”), 1866–1941, Australian novelist.
- (“Æ”), 1867–1935, Irish poet and painter.
- 1877–1957, U.S. astronomer.
- (Lord John Russell), 1792–1878, British statesman: prime minister 1846–52, 1865–66.
- (Helen Louise Leonard), 1861–1922, U.S. singer and actress.
- (Bill), born 1934, U.S. basketball player and coach.
- a male given name.
- russell (Thesaurus)