Meaning of rupture
Pronunciation: (rup'chur), [key]
— n., v., -tured, -tur•ing.
- the act of breaking or bursting: The flood led to the rupture of the dam.
- the state of being broken or burst: a rupture in the earth's surface.
- a breach of harmonious, friendly, or peaceful relations.
- hernia, esp. abdominal hernia.
- to break or burst: He ruptured a blood vessel.
- to cause a breach of: to rupture friendly relations.
- to affect with hernia.
- to suffer a break or rupture.
- rupture (Thesaurus)