runaway: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (run'u-wā"), [key]
- a person who runs away; fugitive; deserter.
- a horse or team that has broken away from control.
- the act of running away.
- a decisive or easy victory.
- a young person, esp. a teenager, who has run away from home.
- having run away; escaped; fugitive.
- (of a horse or other animal) having escaped from the control of the rider or driver.
- pertaining to or accomplished by running away or eloping: a runaway marriage.
- easily won, as a contest: a runaway victory at the polls.
- unchecked; rampant: runaway prices.
- deserting or revolting against one's group, duties, expected conduct, or the like, esp. to establish or join a rival group, change one's life drastically, etc.: The runaway delegates nominated their own candidate.
- runaway (Thesaurus)