Meaning of rump
Pronunciation: (rump), [key]
- the hind part of the body of an animal, as the hindquarters of a quadruped or sacral region of a bird.
- a cut of beef from this part of the animal, behind the loin and above the round. See diag. under
- the buttocks.
- the last part, esp. that which is unimportant or inferior: a rump of territory.
- the remnant of a legislature, council, etc., after a majority of the members have resigned or been expelled.
- constituting a subsidiary or small group or the remnant of a once larger organization: Our local Shakespeare Club will hold a rump meeting at the Elizabethan Drama Teachers' convention.
- rump (Thesaurus)