rugged: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (rug'id), [key]
- having a roughly broken, rocky, hilly, or jagged surface: rugged ground.
- (of a face) wrinkled or furrowed, as by experience or the endurance of hardship.
- roughly irregular, heavy, or hard in outline or form; craggy: Lincoln's rugged features.
- rough, harsh, or stern, as persons or nature.
- full of hardship and trouble; severe; hard; trying: a rugged life.
- tempestuous; stormy: rugged weather.
- harsh to the ear: rugged sounds.
- rude, uncultivated, or unrefined.
- homely or plain: rugged fare.
- capable of enduring hardship, wear, etc.; strong and tough: rugged floor covering; a rugged lumberjack.
- rugged (Thesaurus)