Meaning of rubric
Pronunciation: (r'brik), [key]
- a title, heading, direction, or the like, in a manuscript, book, statute, etc., written or printed in red or otherwise distinguished from the rest of the text.
- a direction for the conduct of divine service or the administration of the sacraments, inserted in liturgical books.
- any established mode of conduct or procedure; protocol.
- an explanatory comment; gloss.
- a class or category
- red ocher.
- written, inscribed in, or marked with or as with red; rubrical.
- red; ruddy.
- rubric (Thesaurus)