Meaning of round table
- a number of persons gathered together for conference, discussion of some subject, etc., and often seated at a round table.
- the discussion, topic of discussion, or the conference itself.
- the table, made round to avoid quarrels as to precedence, about which King Arthur and his knights sat.
- King Arthur and his knights.
Pronunciation: (round'tā"bul), [key]
- noting or pertaining to a conference, discussion, or deliberation in which each participant has equal status, equal time to present views, etc.: round-table discussions.
- roundtable (Thesaurus)