rosary: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (rō'zu-rē), [key]
— pl. -ries.
- a series of prayers, usually consisting of 15 decades of aves, each decade being preceded by a paternoster and followed by a Gloria Patri, one of the mysteries or events in the life of Christ or the Virgin Mary being recalled at each decade.
- a string of beads used for counting these prayers during their recitation.
- a similar string of beads consisting of five decades.
- (among other religious bodies) a string of beads similarly used in praying.
- a rose garden or a bed of roses.
- rosary (Thesaurus)