Meaning of roaring
Pronunciation: (rôr'ing, rōr'-), [key]
- the act of a person, animal, or thing that roars.
- a loud, deep cry or sound or a series of such sounds.
- a disease of horses, caused by respiratory obstruction or vocal cord paralysis, and characterized by loud or rough breathing sounds.
- making or causing a roar, as an animal or thunder.
- brisk or highly successful, as trade: He did a roaring business selling watches to tourists.
- characterized by noisy, disorderly behavior; boisterous; riotous: roaring revelry.
- complete; utter; out-and-out: a roaring idiot; a roaring success.
- very; extremely: roaring drunk.
- roaring (Thesaurus)