Meaning of ripper
Pronunciation: (rip'ur), [key]
- a person or thing that rips.
- a legislative bill or act for taking powers of appointment to and removal from office away from the usual holders of these powers and conferring them unrestrictedly on a chief executive, as a governor or mayor, or on a board of officials.
- a double-ripper.
- a killer who dispatches and often mutilates victims with a knife or similar weapon.
- a hooklike tool, attached to earth-moving machinery, for tearing away ore, rock, etc.
- something especially strong, fine, or good of its kind.
- ripper (Thesaurus)