Meaning of ridge
Pronunciation: (rij), [key]
— n., v., ridged, ridg•ing.
- a long, narrow elevation of land; a chain of hills or mountains.
- the long and narrow upper edge, angle, or crest of something, as a hill, wave, or vault.
- the back of an animal.
- any raised, narrow strip, as on cloth.
- the horizontal line in which the tops of the rafters of a roof meet.
- (on a weather chart) a narrow, elongated area of high pressure.
- to provide with or form into a ridge or ridges.
- to mark with or as if with ridges.
- to form ridges.
- ridge (Thesaurus)