Meaning of revolve
Pronunciation: (ri-volv'), [key]
— v., -volved, -volv•ing.
- to move in a circular or curving course or orbit: The earth revolves around the sun.
- to turn around or rotate, as on an axis: The wheel revolves slowly.
- to proceed or occur in a round or cycle; come around again in the process of time; recur.
- to be revolved in the mind.
- to focus or center on.
- to cause to turn around, as on an axis.
- to cause to move in a circular or curving course, as about a central point.
- to think about; consider.
- revolve (Thesaurus)