Meaning of revival
Pronunciation: (ri-vī'vul), [key]
- restoration to life, consciousness, vigor, strength, etc.
- restoration to use, acceptance, or currency: the revival of old customs.
- a new production of an old play.
- a showing of an old motion picture.
- an awakening, in a church or community, of interest in and care for matters relating to personal religion.
- an evangelistic service or a series of services for the purpose of effecting a religious awakening: to hold a revival.
- the act of reviving.
- the state of being revived.
- the reestablishment of legal force and effect.
- revival (Thesaurus)