Meaning of reversion
Pronunciation: (ri-vûr'zhun, -shun), [key]
- the act of turning something the reverse way.
- the state of being so turned; reversal.
- the act of reverting; return to a former practice, belief, condition, etc.
- reappearance of ancestral characters that have been absent in intervening generations.
- return to an earlier or primitive type; atavism.
- the returning of an estate to the grantor or the grantor's heirs after the interest granted expires.
- an estate which so returns.
- the right of succeeding to an estate.
- the remains, esp. of food or drink after a meal.
- reversion (Thesaurus)