Meaning of reverberate
Pronunciation: (v.ri-vûr'bu-rāt"adj.ri-vûr'bur-it), [key]
— v., adj. -at•ed, -at•ing,
- to reecho or resound: Her singing reverberated through the house.
- to be reflected many times, as sound waves from the walls of a confined space.
- to rebound or recoil.
- to be deflected, as flame in a reverberatory furnace.
- to echo back or reecho (sound).
- to cast back or reflect (light, heat, etc.).
- to subject to reflected heat, as in a reverberatory furnace.
- reverberate (Thesaurus)