Meaning of revelation
Pronunciation: (rev"u-lā'shun), [key]
- the act of revealing or disclosing; disclosure.
- something revealed or disclosed, esp. a striking disclosure, as of something not before realized.
- God's disclosure of Himself and His will to His creatures.
- an instance of such communication or disclosure.
- something thus communicated or disclosed.
- something that contains such disclosure, as the Bible.
- (cap.) Also calledthe last book in the New Testament; the Apocalypse. Abbr.: Rev.
- revelation (Thesaurus)