Meaning of result
Pronunciation: (ri-zult'), [key]
- to spring, arise, or proceed as a consequence of actions, circumstances, premises, etc.; be the outcome.
- to terminate or end in a specified manner or thing.
- something that happens as a consequence; outcome.
- a quantity, expression, etc., obtained by calculation.
- Often,a desirable or beneficial consequence, outcome, or effect: We had definite results within weeks.
- to obtain a notable or successful result or response; be effective.
- result (Thesaurus)