responsibility: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (ri-spon"su-bil'i-tē), [key]
— pl. -ties.
- the state or fact of being responsible.
- an instance of being responsible: The responsibility for this mess is yours!
- a particular burden of obligation upon one who is responsible: the responsibilities of authority.
- a person or thing for which one is responsible: A child is a responsibility to its parents.
- reliability or dependability, esp. in meeting debts or payments.
- on one's own initiative or authority: He changed the order on his own responsibility.
- responsibility (Thesaurus)