Meaning of residue
Pronunciation: (rez'i-d", -dy"), [key]
- something that remains after a part is removed, disposed of, or used; remainder; rest; remnant.
- residuum (def. 2).
- an atom or group of atoms considered as a group or part of a molecule.
- that part remaining as a solid on a filter paper after a liquid passes through in the filtration procedure.
- the part of a testator's estate that remains after the payment of all debts, charges, special devises, and bequests.
- the coefficient of the term with exponent −1 in a Laurent series of a function of a complex variable.
- a number related to a given number by a congruence.
- residue (Thesaurus)