requisition: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (rek"wu-zish'un), [key]
- the act of requiring or demanding.
- a demand made.
- an authoritative or formal demand for something to be done, given, supplied, etc.: The general issued a requisition to the townspeople for eight trucks.
- a written request or order for something, as supplies.
- the form on which such an order is drawn up.
- the state of being required for use or called into service: to put something in requisition.
- a requirement or essential condition.
- to require or take for use; press into service.
- to demand or take, as by authority, for military purposes, public needs, etc.: to requisition supplies.
- requisition (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.