repudiate: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (ri-py'dē-āt"), [key]
— -at•ed, -at•ing.
- to reject as having no authority or binding force: to repudiate a claim.
- to cast off or disown: to repudiate a son.
- to reject with disapproval or condemnation: to repudiate a new doctrine.
- to reject with denial: to repudiate a charge as untrue.
- to refuse to acknowledge and pay (a debt), as a state, municipality, etc.
- repudiate (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.