repellent: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (ri-pel'unt), [key]
- causing distaste or aversion; repulsive.
- forcing or driving back.
- serving or tending to ward off or drive away.
- impervious or resistant to something (often used in combination): moth-repellant.
- something that repels, as a substance that keeps away insects.
- a medicine that serves to prevent or reduce swellings, tumors, etc.
- any of various durable or nondurable solutions applied to a fabric, garment, surface, etc., to increase its resistance, as to water, moths, mildew, etc.
- repellent (Thesaurus)