Meaning of repeater
Pronunciation: (ri-pē'tur), [key]
- a person or thing that repeats.
- a repeating firearm.
- a timepiece, esp. a watch, that may be made to strike the hour or part of the hour. Cf.
- a pupil who repeats a course or group of courses that he or she has failed.
- a person who votes illegally by casting more than one vote in the same election.
- a person who has been convicted and sentenced for one crime, and later for another; recidivist.
- (no longer in technical use) a repeating decimal.
- a device capable of receiving one-way or two-way communications signals and delivering corresponding signals that are either amplified, reshaped, or both.
- repeater (Thesaurus)