Meaning of renew
Pronunciation: (ri-n', -ny'), [key]
- to begin or take up again, as an acquaintance, a conversation, etc.; resume.
- to make effective for an additional period: to renew a lease.
- to restore or replenish: to renew a stock of goods.
- to make, say, or do again.
- to revive; reestablish.
- to recover (youth, strength, etc.).
- to restore to a former state; make new or as if new again.
- to begin again; recommence.
- to renew a lease, note, etc.
- to be restored to a former state; become new or as if new again.
- renew (Thesaurus)