remission: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (ri-mish'un), [key]
- the act of remitting.
- pardon; forgiveness, as of sins or offenses.
- abatement or diminution, as of diligence, labor, intensity, etc.
- the relinquishment of a payment, obligation, etc.
- The patient's leukemia was in remission.
- a temporary or permanent decrease or subsidence of manifestations of a disease.
- a period during which such a decrease or subsidence occurs:The patient's leukemia was in remission.
- remission (Thesaurus)