Meaning of relish
Pronunciation: (rel'ish), [key]
- liking or enjoyment of the taste of something.
- pleasurable appreciation of anything; liking: He has no relish for obscene jokes.
- something savory or appetizing added to a meal, as pickles or olives.
- a sweet pickle made of various vegetables, usually chopped or minced.
- an appetizer or hors d'oeuvre.
- a pleasing or appetizing flavor.
- a pleasing or enjoyable quality.
- a taste or flavor.
- a smack, trace, or touch of something.
- to take pleasure in; like; enjoy: I don't relish the long drive home.
- to make pleasing to the taste.
- to like the taste of.
- to have taste or flavor.
- to be agreeable.
- relish (Thesaurus)