Meaning of relaxation
Pronunciation: (rē"lak-sā'shun), [key]
- abatement or relief from bodily or mental work, effort, application, etc.
- an activity or recreation that provides such relief; diversion; entertainment.
- a loosening or slackening.
- diminution or remission of strictness or severity.
- a numerical procedure for solving systems of equations by successive approximations of the variables.
- the return of a system undergoing dissipation to an initial state of equilibrium after being displaced from it.
- the approach to steady-state operation of a system that has undergone dissipation and a change in state or has been subjected to an abrupt periodic disturbance.
- relaxation (Thesaurus)