Meaning of reinforcement
Pronunciation: (rē"in-fôrs'munt, -fōrs'-), [key]
- the act of reinforcing.
- the state of being reinforced.
- something that reinforces or strengthens.
- Often,an additional supply of personnel, ships, aircraft, etc., for a military force.
- a system of steel bars, strands, wires, or mesh for absorbing the tensile and shearing stresses in concrete work.
- a procedure, as a reward or punishment, that alters a response to a stimulus.
- the act of reinforcing a response.
- reinforcement (Thesaurus)